Wednesday 13 February 2019

‘Chinese Pots and Daffodils’ 8” x 10” oil on board



Like so many in the UK I’ve been laid low with a chest infection the past couple of weeks, which has left me feeling very out of sorts. But today, when I took Boo for his morning walk, there were so many early signs of Spring I couldn’t help but feel better! As we went up past the fields along Church Road the tractors were out cutting the hedgerows in the fine, warm weather - the scents of all that freshly pruned green wood were so fresh, and so evocative of the Springs of my youth.

Further along our walk we saw lots of snowdrops, a lone daffodil by the bus shelter, and even brave daisies in flower on the village green opposite Cafe de la Post.

My husband had bought me a bunch of daffodils, and I placed them in my Dad’s old ginger jar where they looked so pretty against the blue and white glazed pot. I made an arrangement with another little Chinese bowl from my collection, and placed them on the floor by my easel to paint from my chair.

I have a real problem with getting ellipses right and often tend to feel that I have failed when they aren’t quite perfect, so I have to constantly remind myself that every painting I do will take me one little step nearer to to finally - hopefully - getting them just right. . . As someone once said, “There is no such thing as failure, it’s simply another step towards success” (or something like that!) 😊

We are promised another couple of unseasonably warm and sunny days so I hope you are able to get out and about and enjoy them too.